A big subsection of cosplay is video game characters. Usually, many video game character costumes are extremely complex and will take a significant amount of time and money to recreate. If you are running out of time and don’t want to order something extremely expensive, then you have come to the right place. I have done research on different popular video games and found a list of characters that will be easy and cheap to cosplay.
*This list includes old and new video games to make sure every age range will have ideas for their next cosplay!*
*This list is in no particular order.*
If you don’t know what Minecraft is, you have been living under a rock! This video game has been extremely popular since 2007. There are many ways you can recreate this look effortlessly.
- 1st option: Get a box and cut a hole for your head. Wrap it the color skin you like and draw the boxy facial features. remember to cut eye holes for you to see.
- 2nd option: Use makeup or face-paint to create the boxy shapes on the face. Paint the face a different color and buy a different color wig if needed.
- Wear the correct color clothing and shoes.
- Go above and beyond and buy a fake pick-axe to carry around with you.
There are eight Fortnite characters that you can choose from to cosplay. The default skins are super easy and cheap to recreate. Pick the one that is most convenient for you.
- Add makeup and a wig if it is necessary.
- Find a tank top, jacket, flannel, or bandanna that matches the character you choose.
- Bring jeans, leggings, or camouflage pants to the costume.
- Wear boots.
- Add black straps were it is needed. Lastly find your fake weapon.
4. Super Mario Brothers
Here is a classic game what everyone and their mother knows. Mario and Luigi are extremely easy to cosplay. You can do it too!
- Green or red hat. You can tape or stitch on a logo if you want.
- Wear a mustache.
- Gather up blue overalls, a red or green shirt, shoes, and white glove. Voila, you’re done.
3. Red Dead Redemption
This sequel to this game just came out and very relevant right now! And all you have to do is get a crew and dress up like cowboys. Simple!
- Hats and mustaches.
- Jeans, belt, shirt, vest, jacket, and bandana
2. Grand Theft Auto V
If you are going with two other of your buddies, this would be a fun one to do! Grand Theft Auto fans will recognize you three anywhere. It is a popular game so I think you would not have any issue of getting recognized.
- Suit, high school sports jacket, or dirty white shirt with denim jacket.
- Get your weapon! Make sure its fake of course! (Gun, baseball bat, etc)
1. Call of Duty
Call of Duty is a super popular game that so many people play! I believe it will be easy to find the outfit somewhere near you.
- Stocking cap or helmet.
- Makeup to make your face appear dirty
- Dark green Jacket
- Dark boots
Some more video game characters you should look at –
- Legend of Zelda
- Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat
- SO MUCH MORE
If you’re a video game lover, hopefully I help give you ideas on your next cosplay. Again, cosplay doesn’t have to be hard or expensive. It is all about having fun and expressing yourself.
Please support me by following me on social media or giving me a comment telling me your opinion. Thank you for reading! See you next time.